Hampton Rovers President Gary Nash was the recipient of a VAFA Certificate of Merit at Wednesday’s VAFA Season Launch held at Crown.
The award recognises Nashy’s significant contribution to the Hampton Rovers Football Club over many years and is thoroughly deserved for someone who continues to put in to make the club tick.
Gary was given the honour of responding on behalf of all seven recipients at the gala event which was attended by more than 250 people, and featured guest speaker Alistair Clarkson.
He is the 15th Hampton Rovers member to receive a VAFA Certificate of Merit, with the previous recipients being Norm James, Bruce De Lacy, Bob Cave, Bob Coldrey, Fred Coldrey, Gordon McGregor, Sue Anderson, Don Scarlett, Peter Wolfe, Max Grimmer, Ian Cave, Tony Naumoff, Cameron Voss & Jason Cave.
Nashy’s contribution to the Hampton Rovers Football Club includes:
- Hampton Rovers Life Member and Hall of Fame Inductee
- Played 193 VAFA games
- Won the Senior B&F in 1977 and the U19’s B&F in 1972
- Senior captain for 3 years, 1978 to 1980
- Senior and Reserves coach in 1986
- Member of the Senior executive 2012 – present
- Senior Vice President 2012 – 2019
- Senior President 2019 – present
- Member of the Club’s Board 2016 – present
- 2 x Best Clubman award winner and a tireless worker who has been coordinating the famous Hampton Rovers Home Game Luncheons at every senior home game.