The Hampton Rovers take out insurance cover through the VAFA via JLT’s AFL National Insurance Program. This insures our players to assist them with recovering some costs following treatment for injuries. For more information on how the insurance system works, visit: www.vafa.com.au/club-info/vafa-insurance
The Hampton Rovers has cover for public liability, products liability, professional indemnity and management liability.
Further to this, those who have paid their player subscriptions are also covered for Non-Medicare Medical benefits and the more serious Death & Lump Sum Payments ($100,000) and Paraplegia & Quadriplegia ($1,000,000). Claims will allow the player to seek reimbursement of Non-Medicare Medical expenses incurred within 12 Calendar months of the injury as per below ($100 excess per claim):
- Physiotherapy Treatment – reimbursement of up to 95% of fee charged less rebates from other sources
- Other Non-Medical Expenses – 50% reimbursement up to $2,000 per claim (this includes private hospital accommodation, ambulance transport cost, chiropractic, dental services, ancillary medical procedures, theatre fees and more. The expenses claimable are restricted to medical expenses where no Medicare payment is payable.
For a more comprehensive look at the benefits available, click here. We recommend that all players seeking increased cover do so through their own Private Health cover and/or discuss further with the Club committee. As playing any contact sport is inherently dangerous all players should have private health insurance. The insurance we hold provides only minimum benefits.
We do not have any insurance for loss of income. Any player who will suffer a loss of income if they are injured should take out their own loss of income insurance.
All claims must be notified to JLT within 30 days of the accident, injury or damage occurring. Invoices, doctors’ reports and statements can be sent in after the claim has been lodged. Settlement is paid when treatment is completed.
If you have a query regarding making an injury claim please speak to a committee member who will direct you to the appropriate person.
Making a Personal Injury Claim
If an injury occurs to one of the club’s players or volunteers, please do the following:
- Visit JLT Sport’s web site to read the Summary information.
- Download the Personal Injury Claim Form from the “Making a Claim” section.
- Complete the Claim Form and submit it to Echelon Australia within 180 days from the date of injury (sooner rather than later).
- It will be necessary to have a club official to sign the form prior to forwarding it to the insurer. Speak to Dean Lovig or someone else on the committee.
- Do not wait for treatment to cease before making a claim.
Making a Liability Claim / Club Management Liability Claim
If an incident occurs that may lead to legal action now or in the future, please follow the instructions below:
- A serious injury, accident or incident occurs, legal action is threatened or a solicitor’s letter is received by the club.
- Please contact JLT Sport immediately (within 48 hours).
- Do not admit any responsibility or fault (liability). Do not discuss the matter with any third party. It may be helpful to record notes of the incident. Await further instructions from JLT Sport claims staff.