Ho Ho Ho and Merry Christmas to you one and all.
On behalf of the Junior Committee at the Hampton Rovers Amateur Football Club – including our Auskickers from 2010 – I would like to extend season greetings and best wishes for 2011 to all Hampton Rovers people.
Much of the Junior Committee from 2010 has been re-elected at the AGM in November – with a few new members – and planning is well underway for the 2011 year. Being Bayside’s Traditional Family Club, I in particular am very excited by a number of continued and new initiatives being undertaken in 2011 within the Junior ranks. Specifically:
- Introduction of a new Junior Match Committee which will be specifically targeted with important job of supporting and assisting our coaches to provide our Junior members with the best possible coaching and facilities to aid in their development as they progress through our junior ranks. Look out for developments on this front as the year progresses;
- ROVERS Day and Registrations will take place on February 18 to allow players to meet their coaches, their team mates, in a relaxing, social atmosphere as the introduction to the 2010 year. An extension of previous registration nights, the ROVERS Day will be a great opportunity for renewing old friendships and establishing new ones. We also intend in running a specific information session for new parents as part of the Rovers Day celebrations. Put it in your diary now!!
- New and enhanced approach to the social aspects of the club. We intend to continue the highly successful Gala Ball for July, and we are actively looking at ways to improve the At Home with the Rovers social occasions and other key social events, focusing on enhancing the experience for parents and children of the Rovers;
- Continued closer alignment of the Auskick program with the Junior program within the club, enhancing the links of the highly successful Auskick program with the club, as well as introducing a series of new innovations to the Auskick program aimed at consolidating our record Auskick numbers from 2011. Registration day for Auskick will be March 19th , so those of you who will be part of our Auskick program in 2011 put this date in your diary;
- Continued enhancement in the use of the Hampton Rovers web site, where we intend to continue to expand the Junior content on the Hampton Rovers web site such as specific team pages, publishing of game locations and times, and other key information. The web site at http://www.hamptonrovers.com.au will continue to become a vital source of information for all Hampton Rovers parents, players and members in 2011.
The implementation of these initiatives, whilst continuing to ensure that our children get on the park each week to play football, needs considerable time and resource commitments from the band of volunteers who work with the committee and sub-committees. If you have any spare capability to assist with the club, I would be delighted to hear from you.
Finally, I wish you all a happy and safe festive season and look forward to working with you all in 2011 to ensure the Rovers continues to offer a great environment and experience for you all.