Ho Ho Ho and Merry Christmas to you one and all.
On behalf of the Junior and Senior Committees at the Hampton Rovers Amateur Football Club, I would like to extend season greetings and best wishes for 2010 to all Hampton Rovers people.
2009 has closed with an exciting new team guiding the Hampton Rovers at both Junior and Senior levels, ushering in an era of consolidation of all things good from the Rovers, as well as focusing on improvement across all operational areas of the club. A significant change of personnel on the committee is an opportunity to review what works well, and improve what needs to be improved, and that is very much the focus of the new team for 2010.
Being Baysides Traditional Family Club, I in particular am very excited by a number of new initiatives being undertaken in 2010 within the Junior ranks. Specifically:
· Closer alignment of our coaching program with local clubs such as Sandringham Zebras, Sandringham Dragons as well as direct involvement from the AFL High Performance Coaching Team;
· A new ROVERS Day on February 19 to allow players to meet their coaches, their team mates, in a relaxing, social atmosphere as the introduction to the 2010 year. An extension of previous registration nights, the ROVERS Day will be a great opportunity for renewing old friendships and establishing new ones.
· New and enhanced approach to the social aspects of the club. We have already announced the 2010 Gala Ball for July 2010, and we are actively looking at ways to improve the At Home with the Rovers social occasions and other key social events, focusing on enhancing the experience for parents and children of the Rovers;
· Continued closer alignment of the Auskick program with the Junior program within the club, enhancing the links of the highly successful Auskick program with the club, as well as introducing a series of new innovations to the Auskick program including specific Girls programs;
· Greater usage of the Hampton Rovers web site, where we intend to significantly expand the Junior content on the Hampton Rovers web site such as specific team pages, publishing of game locations and times, and other key information. I envisage that the web site at www.hamptonrovers.com.au will become a vital source of information for all Hampton Rovers parents, players and members in 2010
· We are also investigating a possible introduction of a Junior Girls Team in the AFL Youth Girls (aged 13-17) team. I will be separately detailing this initiative to you all in the very near future, with a view to establishing the level of interest in the introduction of a team in this competition in the near future
· Continued enhancement of the online registration function allowing parents to register and enrol their sons and daughters in a relaxed manner, without the need to complete mounds of paperwork. Membership registrations and renewals have opened early this year as a continued development of our service to our community
· Being Baysides Traditional Family Club, we will be looking at specific initiatives to involve all aspects of the clubs involvement with the Community, with a specific view to supporting key support organisations within the Community for those members of the community less fortunate that most.
The implementation of these initiatives, whilst continuing to ensure that our children get on the park each week to play football, needs considerable time and resource commitments from the band of volunteers who work with the committee and sub-committees. If you have any spare capability to assist with the club, I would be delighted to hear from you.
Hampton Rovers AFC