Twenty Five players represented the U10 Gold in Season 2009
Three players made their debut for Hampton Rovers (Max Coughlin, Max Petrie and Tom Wilson)
Win / Loss Ratio was 9 Wins, 4 Losses
Goals Kicked For 91 goals
Goals Kicked Against 58 goals
Beneath the Numbers
– As indicated by the statistical data, the U10 Gold (West) was a very competitive team during the 2009 season. We won 9 of our 13 games, which included a wonderful run mid-season of 6 consecutive wins. Our team developed significantly from the 2008 period, and indeed, throughout the 2009 season. The skills of our boys improved with the result that our side was able to produce team-orientated football and develop flow in our play.
– Twenty of our boys kicked a goal during the season which was indicative of the spread of input and contribution from our squad.
– Feedback from the other teams indicated who were the other stronger performing sides in the Competition. We did play well against the other top sides managing to defeat the 3 other strongest performing teams (once each) over the course of the season in the 5 matches we played against such teams.
– Our Coaching Group again enjoyed a wonderful year of great support from our parent group who were terrific in their unwavering encouragement of our players both individually and collectively.
– The U10 Gold was a fine group of boys and the high turn-out at our end of year sleep-over (at the Scout Hall) indicated that a strong team spirit existed.
– Our Team Manager, Kirsty Larkworthy did an awesome job which included the production of a significant weekly newsletter for our team The Sunday Mail which included Coaches Report, Training Tips, Social News and game details. A Pulitzer Prize Nomination of this document has been suggested. Ash Roberts was our Game Day Trainer and we had the additional support of Assistant Coaches of Gareth Adams, Dave Cousins and Dan Tonc.
– The move to U11s in 2010 will see our squad leave behind the modified rules of U9s and U10s with tackling being introduced. We believe this squad has significant talent and we look forward to the continuation on the path of improvement and enjoyment with the Hampton Rovers.
U10 Gold Coaches
John Campigli / Brett Williams